Thursday, August 29, 2013

Game of Thrones pillows collection

Hodor!

When my brother told me about Game Of Thrones (GOT), few years ago, I just took that info and told to myself:“OK, you’ll download that series and watch it, no big deal!“

He was speaking about show in superlatives, everything was „high-extra-great-wonderfull-the best“, and while he was so deep into describing it, I tought to myself how somebody can be so much addicted on tv show…




Now, few years latter, he is still just ordinary fan, but, in other hand, I become completly freak about GOT; not just tv show fan, moreover, I have read all the books and I addicted myself so much I can’t even imagine a single day without thinking of Westeros, or visiting the wiki of ice and fire, reading articles about my favourite characters (there are several of them, and they are still alive, although Valar Morghulis!)


                                                 I told you already

Beside all history facts, geography or politics of Westeros  & Essos in which I am involved, there is a dozen of affairs I am involved.

Even my facebooks homepage is full of imaginary characters pages; all memes, pictures, quotes, quizzes, challenges, games, jokes, news, spoilers, everything about GOT.

Finally, the reason why I am writing this blog is because I wanted to upload several pictures online, and, of course, I wanted to put them together.

There is the point:

While I was overloading my brain with GOT, one great idea occurred. I thought how wonderfull it will be if I would somehow have in possession a lot of pillows with sewed sigils of the great houses of Westeros…then, I asked my mom if she will be kind enough to sew them for me and she said historic yes; YES!

My duty was to bring materials (canvases in all shades, needles, coloured strings)  to her and to supply her with everything she needed.

One thing more, I drew all sketches on canvases and then, she sewed sigils according to the existing sketches.

The biggiest problem was (and that could be noticed on the pictures) that I couldn’t find appropriate shades of given colours for some specific houses sigils, so in some cases it’s not 100% identic as GRRM described them. Also, another problem was hiding in the fact I couldn’t drow sketchs on the black canvases, thus one of mayor houses remain undone. Guess which-Targeryans. At first, I tried with night watch sigil (black crow across black canvas), but I’m not satisfied about output…need to find solution about next one.

Right now, I have 17 pillows, and we have in plans ~10 more; but, I need to wait winter period because my mom will have more free time then. During previous winter season, she sewed those 17 pillows.

Fans, enjoy!


Mom, Thank you so much, the Dothraki sea’s size THANKS!

There are the pillows:

1. Stark


2. Lannister

3. king Robert Baratheon

4. Tully

5. Baelish - Littlefinger

6. Tyrell

7. Greyjoy

8. Renly Baratheon

9. Stannis Baratheon

10. Arryn

11. Martell

12. Bolton

13. Clegane

14. Tarth

15. Night's Watch

16. Frey

17. Old Gods hear you / The North remmembers

...for the (happy) end, the picture with all pillows on the bed, covering it all.
those pillows are really MY PRECIOUS! =)


Can you immagine the feeling I have had while I was reading the books lying on those puffy fellows...

2 comments:

  1. These pillows are so cool :) Through I was the first GOT freak in family (and the biggest since now) I watched show and read the books and then my sis did the same :) Don't worry, more pillows will be done, 'cause Winter is coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry because HODOR doesn't have any sigil of his house (and all about the mistery with him), but anyway, I have idea to put just letters: HODOR on one pillow. :)

    ReplyDelete